As the contribution of shale natural gas to our energy and economic security grows, people are seeking more information about how this resource is being produced.
Today, ExxonMobil and XTO Energy launched a natural gas website to help address the key issues.
The new website houses facts, figures and graphics that give context to the growth of natural gas resources in the United States, as well as the hydraulic fracturing technology that helped unlock these supplies.
Here are just a few of the frequently asked questions addressed on the website:
- How important is natural gas to our future energy supply?
- How does hydraulic fracturing work?
- What’s in hydraulic fracturing fluid?
- How does the surface footprint of natural gas operations compare to that of other energy forms?
- What’s the real story behind the negative claims about hydraulic fracturing made in GasLand?
Take a look at www.aboutnaturalgas.com to learn more.